Wednesday, May 26, 2010

celebration part 2

is this perfect or what? snow is her favorite thing!
we went to a favorite chicago site for HOT days
as I watched this girl today I could help think where she was only 1 year ago. they don't celebrate birthdays so this literally was her first birthday. may 22nd 2009 she had no hope not much of a future no one to tuck her in at night or kiss her owies. She never had seen snow or had anything that was only hers, never been told I love you or heard someone pray for her. Her life then she thought it was good. Now it's 2010 and her world is now wide open she has things she never even knew about. I asked her what do you want to be when you grow up? "I don't know no body ever asked me that before" I said well you can be what ever you want, a teacher like auntie wendy or a Dr like Brooke... her eyes were wide open "really what ever I want?" she has been given a brand new life. I can't help but enjoy watching her live every little bit of this new joy, even if it is just playing in a water fountain on a hot day.
Adoption was Gods idea he was the first to think of it when he adopted us in to his family when we came to believe in Jesus. I can't help but relate Meis life with our life in Christ we were comfortable but had no idea what real life was like with Christ our would is wide open to immeasurable love, no need to fear in the knowledge that our father knows whats best for us. If you are reading this and you don't have Christ in your life think of how lost Mei was with no hope no future and how now she has been given an new life. we all can have that new life with Jesus
what joy to finally have a sister

this would be a picture cool from over head, you will see we gained a new friend

pure FUN
a break for lunch, gifts, and air conditioning (blogger sneaks in it's tricks unexpected)

(oh for the love turned again) this was mei's first time to the bean
back to the fountain for another splash and some gifts from friend, thanks guys
and what birthday wouldn't be great with out a track practice and presents in the training room with state qualifiers?we went to the training room for our boys to take an ice bath. I guess Grays legs were hurting because he jumped in first
he talked liv in to joining but she was the only other Rill taker

dinner? what else dumplings
and back home for ice cream cake perfect for a hot day and no air! I'd say that was a great first birthday celebration! one I know I will never forget.

1 comment:

WML said...

Tam - I am not the only writer in the family. Al and I were moved to tears. Life with Jesus is real life.