Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"this is the best surprise ever" liv

so thanks to finals and Martin L K jr.Fenwick had a long weekend so we surprised the kids and went up north to one of our favorite spots in the US.
As you can see we got to spend time with one of our favorite babies too and it's never to early to start her on running or sporting the shield! she looks happy with the idea right.
wonderful friends of ours let us use their cabin, we have never been her in the snow so the kids, who are quite inventive, made a sledding hill down the front of the house
as you can see it is not you average sledding run. In fact they warned me "mom you may not want to come see this one" so I mean with a warning like that I had to go down right?
no worries only minor injuries.
we were totally lucky since camp had a huge retreat we got to babysit baby Char two whole days, the kids were all so happy to take care of her I hardly needed to do anything for her. in this picture K&J got an afternoon break from camp and came over for a visit.
one of the reasons I love it up here is because things move at my pace. we just hang out, play games- a lot of games, play around the house and just be together. Char was an easy addition as you can see she was sky's lucky charm in Disney apples to apples (which I highly recommend as a kids &adult game)
aunt lynn called one day and said "there is a 25 ft ice castle in Eagle river, so we dressed warm and headed over. It was really cool, and extremely cold!
my favorite part was the trees frozen in to the ice as decoration and that some of the ice had sea weed frozen in to it.
as you will see, no baby spends much time not being held in this family
at our candy store stop G picked out matter teeth- sucker.
so everyone who knows us knows it is easy to list the things that we love and I was so proud of Char when I laid 4 toys in front of her and she choose Mickey mouse, ugh what a smart girl!

this boy has dedication, burrrr! awesome picture though





one day I set up a scavenger hunt outside

sky and Gray won the game but it was huge hit. in fact several of the kids mentioned it at our ," what was your best thing", ritual. Good old fashioned fun that's what makes this place so great. As liv said " this was the best surprise ever"!

2 comments:

condapfour said...

How fun! You guys always have fun wherever you go! Love the idea for an outside scavenger hunt!

colbymiles said...

I dont like this. I DIDNT EVEN SEE YOU GUYS ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!