Wednesday, December 15, 2010

proud is an understatement

My boy sky made is debut tonight playing his guitar during worship tonight. I wasn't really ready for how good he was. Hearing him here at home is great but to see and hear him up there playing, beside his dad, so awesome, and Jeff and frank two other Godly men. A real band, people singing to my sons music, him sounding so good. I think taking the pictures kept me from crying. I was standing there next to the great man who taught him to play the guitar so blessed by the unity at church. A boy buys a guitar, never played before, his cousin lets him strum and peaks his interest, one leader offers to give him lessons, then a short few months later another leader says "your great want to play worship on Wednesday?" A plug for myself and Dave, we were all of those boys leaders in high school, I love the body of Christ working together to teach the young to grow up and teach others to worship and serve God. which leads us to this great night. seeing him up there and playing worship songs to our God, like I said proud is an understatement, I wanted to shout "yeah that's my boy!"
if you could see the whole stage in this picture you would see things just as they should be, 4 generations learning from each other and serving God side by side. God is so great!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Jeff said he did really well. Wish I could of been there to hear him. But I have a feeling I will get too sometime soon. Way to go Sky!

suzanne said...

i LOVE this! so so great! :)

WML said...

That is totally awesome, Sky. I hope you get to play again soo so I can hear you.