Monday, March 23, 2009

south for the winter

I know you get SICK of me saying it but my husband is so great, he spoils me rotten and I know it! a few weeks ago I couldn't take the weather anymore and asked him if me and the kids could just go to a warmer climate. days later here we were in our van going south. (notice the ugly weather out the window)
he did end up joining us 2 days later by plane
family, short sleeves & sunscreen that's all I needed
God is so good, an empty week, a free condo, 86 degree weather I don't take any of these blessings for granted
now I am always saying how " I love the body of Christ" but meeting up with them on a vacation is even better! That's right who knew but some of our friends where staying only 15 minutes from us. gotta love text messaging
gray enjoying the camera I think it's weird that neither the camera or the computer flipped the picture he took upside down

it wouldn't be a day with the Weavers without Dutch Blitz




Kira, I knew you would get a kick out of this pool side shower we visited

this for snow flurries, oh yeah
some fun in the sand

kind of a dog sled race southern style and yes they did win and yes he did have sand EVERYWHERE!
NO WAY bonus #2!!! MORE of our church body with the same great idea. We ran into the Shoemakers (Mark is B's jr. high leader and so B knew he was on his way down) on their first day sadly our last. But what an excellent few hours we had together. We all agreed that we have to actually plan time together next time around! ( I love this picture)

As David and I were deciding about this last minute get away the song came on the radio it said "you only get just one time around" I was moved to tears thinking of our dear brother who didn't get so much time here or with his baby girl, God has blessed us against all human odds to have 4 kids and we don't want to miss a single chance to be with them. Sharing time with Tim and Cheryl ,people who I try to copy how they have raised their kids as Godly servant of Christ, cemented just that! They were on their last trip together before one of their sons gets married and she just kept telling me "enjoy your time together, don't let it slip by, we loved every step of life with them" and you could tell it was true by the way there grown boys still bursted with excitement to be there with them. In less than 2 years my brix will be in H.S. and the days of picking up and leaving 3 days later will be gone so for now while God gives us today we will not live to regret it!

3 comments:

The Rummelhoffs said...

Who is that guy pulling B in the sand? He's huge!

WML said...

I had the same question. I am so glad that you get to pick up and go and have such a great time together.

condapfour said...

We LOVE the shower! Jenna says, "I want to go there sometime and we love you guys!" Kira says, "That shower was cool!"