Monday, November 22, 2010

one of my favorite places on earth isn't so beautiful today

we finally made it up to camp and although it seems dim and sad knowing something- someone is not here. I guess I have to remember it's not just the beauty of God nature why we love it here it's the beauty of God's people, my heart feels warmer here. being in this place brings me comfort like a big needed hug. you look outside the snow is falling, and several of Gods people jumped right in to action, furniture is being moved, floors cleaned, cooking done. preparation to get everything just right. it is good to be productive to see my kids jumping in knowing that they have grown up here. known just as "camp" to us no other explanation needed. it has become so much a part of our lives. praise God he let Dave have the day off work so I didn't have to get here alone, ah so many feelings I'm trying to get out it's not so easy...
one by one the first time you see this chair empty it cuts right through your heart. one man who touched the heart of so many. makes me wonder how many people have I touched with the love of Jesus?


1 comment:

WML said...

Tam - I sent you a text, hoping you would go into town, but tons of people are praying for you all.