Monday, August 3, 2009

It's a Girl!!!!

hi guys, wow we miss you so much. our day today was wow really crazy, we left here at 2pm then we went to this adoption building about 20 min. away there were about 50 families there babies everywhere. they began matching the babies at 2;30 however Mei was late so we stood there for an hour watching everyone else get there kids, ugh. sadly when she came in they rushed her to the bathroom and rushed her right to us which took her by surprise I think. the Nanny's wouldn't leave which made it impossible for us to take her. we understand this is a huge trauma for her and kept thinking of how we felt when Phil died how broken we were then. we left there at 4;30 David carried her out very unhappy. once we got in the elevator she reached for Brixton and hasn't let go of him since. we are thanking God for allowing B to come! at the hotel she was catatonic until we took her to the pool where she bursted with joy smiling and laughing which I never thought we would see even here in China. Fyi the size 6 bathing suit would have been fine the 8 falls off and I have to sew it until we can get another one.
we will continue to need your prayers because tomorrow we need to go back to that same adoption building to do paper work and take her passport photo. hopefully she will not think her Nannies are there for her, ugh not a good idea in my mind.Then at 3 we are supposed to go shopping which we will play by ear I think.












5 comments:

Lynn Joy Mecher said...

when i heard she had cried i thought it was tears of joy! i can't imagine what she must be feeling. I woke at 3:30 am and was praying for her whenever I awoke, that somehow the Lord will just calm her spirit and let her know how much she is loved. And man would I ever hate to have the Nanny job! Can't wait to hear more.

JM said...

Yeah for a God who writes all the days of our lives! Praying for you guys! How's her English? Does she speak Mandarin or Canto?

suzanne said...

we love you guys so much and are thinking about you lots and lots and praying too...

Jackie said...

I am so excited for you guys! I will be praying for you--can't wait to meet her!

Tonya said...

I'm so glad that you guys have her now! So exciting. Praying that everything goes great from here on out! I love the last picture in the pool with them booth smiling!