Sunday, August 2, 2009

China...Finally!

From Wendy:


Tammy sent this message for me to post. They cannot access blogspot, but if you want to make comments, that will be great because it will be a record for themselves and Mei lynn, and I can read them to the kids here. As much as I can, I will try to send them on. Have fun reading the first of many long-awaited updates.

From Tammy:

We are here after a horrible 29 hours of traveling. Thankfully we had today to recover and all we did today is check out the hotel, lay around and sleep it was a great day after yesterdays ugh, day. So here is the update, our hotel is LUXURY our room isn't huge by Chicago standards but I am sure for here in sure It's huge.The city here is very western and nothing like the other cities I was at before, and if you think things are cheep in China not in this town the water here at the hotel is $11, yeah we walked to 7 11 to buy some for much less. We found out we will be leaving to get Mei lynn at 2 pm tomorrow. her orphanage is 4 to 5 hours away so that makes sense why it's later in the day. we haven't met any one from our group yet except for the leader/ interpreter she was cute. well we will have more exciting news tomorrow, thanks for your prayers T,D, &B



More from Wendy:

2 p.m. their time is 1 a.m. our time. You can bet I won't be sleeping tonight. Also, in another e-mail, Brixton said that Mei has been learning a little English. I don't know how they know that, how long she has been learning, or anything else, just that God has answered yet another prayer.

5 comments:

condapfour said...

Hooray! We are happy that you are finally there and settled. We can't wait to see pictures of the four of you together! We will continue to pray for all of you. All our love, JeKj

WML said...

I feel like I'm on this trip with you all. The only thing better would be if I was there with you. It's soooo exciting!!! I guess it's reminiscent of the day we went to Maryville Children's Shelter and wondered who God would send home with us. It's so emotional for me in a very private way. I can't explain it to anyone. We are praying for you and will continue to pray for you as you enter this new chapter of your lives.. Godis always there, we can tell you that!! Can't wait to see photos.. Love Aunt June and Uncle Bill

Queen Bee said...

We are praying for you as you're on your trip, but especially tonight as you'll be picking up Mei!! We are So excited for you & hope and pray that this is a smooth transition for both your family & precious Mei.

Chicagoland Real Estate said...

I am up way too late, but I've been praying for you all! I can't imagine the excitement for you as you met Mei lynn face to face!

Continuing to pray for you and your kids who are at home!

Love,

Cathi (and the Weavers)

LSH said...

As I was driving home yesterday from up-north, with a van full of loud boys, I was thinking about your first time meeting Mei and how it went. I am praying for you.