Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Post from David

Well, today was our last full day here, and it wasnt very action packed. We had to stay in our room from 11 till noon in case the American Consulate had any problems with our paperwork. No call, so I guess we are good to go. Brixton and I went running this morning and when we got back to the room Mei was crying. Tammy said she woke up saw that B wasn't here and lost it. She had a not great day today. When we got back to the room tonight to go to bed she was crying again. Mei still won't have anything to do with me. All the other kids do, just not my daughter. Crazy huh? I'll just keep working on it.

Tonight we went on a dinner/boat cruise with or group on the Pearl River. It was really a lot of fun and neat to see the city from the river. The buildings are all lit up with neon lights and some of the buildings have dancing lights. It was really pretty to see. I am not to sure about what some of the food was, but I did try most of it. The chicken dish had the head of the chicken in it.

Pray for Brixton. He is having a hard time with Mei hanging on him as much as she is, and he is getting worn out. We talked about it with him, and he really stepped it up right away. He really is a great kid. I love him to death. Also, pray that Mei with bond more with Tammy and I.

We are one day closer to seeing you all. Can't Wait! Sky, O, and G-mon I miss you like crazy!!!! David (DADDY)












4 comments:

Lynn Joy Mecher said...

Brixton, we are so proud of you. David, my heart aches for you 'cause I know how much you love kids in general and Mei in particular. We are praying. I just keep thinking how wonderful it will be when there is the breakthrough. Tammy, I know you didn't enter into this blindly and I pray that all you have researched will come to mind at just the right time. I know that Lord will give you all the wisdom and patience that you need. Love you all so much.

JM said...

Hey guys...sorry I forgot to tell you that Hong Kong has a Disneyland. I guess that shows how much it's not my first choice. Ha ha. Be prepared for huge crowds though- even the people from Asia complain about it. Some other really fun areas are the bird market in Mongkok (the transit system is the best I've ever been on, so get a card and go everywhere), and the beaches are nice. YOu can also take a bus from under the ferry terminal in Sheung Wan to Stanley- they have a great beach and awesome shopping and the bus goes over the mountain. Also go to Victoria's Peak at night if you can- the view is great and you can take a cable car up the hill. Also, Hong Kong has great museums. I like the history museum in Kowloon the best- it has great diorammas and it's really modern and interactive. Also, if you go to the tourism site online, the tourism office offers free classes that include a free ride in a Chinese sailboat that sails on Thursdays from Kowloon at around 12 and 2 - or at least it use to. Okay, I'll stop. I wish I was there to take you guys around.

B- I'm praying for you! Now you know how Jesus must have felt with all those darn crowds! But he never stopped giving. Hang in there. David, praying for you too- she'll get it eventually and love having a dad to protect her. I'll bet that happens when she comes to the States and gets scared. You guys are almost done. See you soon!

JM said...

PS- the bus to Stanley is double-decker

suzanne said...

we loved spending time with your kids today, but would have loved it even more if you were there B! :) i think about you all so much and pray for you and know that God is doing so much in these weeks and will do so much in the years to follow! praise God for redeeming experiences like these... we're praying lots and can't wait till you get home! love you 4 SO MUCH!